Christianity

________________________

Monday, February 16, 2009

Let go and let GOD

let go and let god
“Whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life…will save it”
-Mark 8:35
That absolutely sounds crazy. I mean how can you save your life by losing it, knowing you need to lose your life to save it?

In my opinion, this gospel reading is not necessarily discussing about life and death but more so about on how I’m living my life and what actions and decisions I make in my life. The gospel jogs my memory of the phrase “let go and let God.” I consider that denying ourselves, like the gospel reading says or letting go, is about bringing together ourselves towards to God.

What does this mean and how can we truly unite ourselves with God? The primary way I do to unite myself with God is through giving service, volunteering myself for the goodness of God. I find it the best to serve someone, by dedicating my time and to be in solidarity with them to allow myself to know their needs and by recognizing their struggles.

“Losing you life” – is about choosing the right path to go to, doing this means going against what most people would consider to be “the norm”. This is also how we contest ourselves, which sometimes choosing this could lead to our own death.

We reunite with God in different ways. It is through our own experiences and reflection that we come to discover to be closer to God and to work our way to the Kingdom of Heaven.

Bible verses here.

No comments:

Post a Comment