Christianity

________________________

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spread the LOVE

spread love
How are they to call on one in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in one of whom they have not heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim him?

-Romans 10:14 (NRSV)

My family and I visited my uncle and aunt last weekend, my aunt was telling us a story. I don’t really like to engage in too much conversation with my aunt because she really talks a lot, I get sleepy most of the time, so I put on my iPod and listen to Tom DeLonge with his new band Angels & Airwaves, so I won’t need to listen, but her story catches my attention.

“Wow, lovely flowers, these would really look beautiful on the altar for father Manual’s mass tomorrow,” My aunt said to the flower arranger who just finished arranging the white, blue and white carnations.

“Mass?” The florist asked, “Wait, let me add some of these ribbons” He wrapped different ribbons around the container and made a beautiful matching bow in the front. The he added more baby’s breath filler and dried floral filler.

“That really looks very pretty!” My aunt said in amazement on how beautiful the arrangement of the flower looked like. “How much for the extras?”

“No charge ma’am, I’m giving effort to get in” The florist pointed upward and smiled. “Points.” My aunt is very happy with the flowers. She thanked the guy for being so generous.
love
How little can people think of earning some points for God in small ways, to give effort for our way to heaven? How I wish all people can do this simple good deeds. Weather my Aunt is telling story from Christian Magazine article or for real experience. hehe.. Truly, this is a GOOD NEWS, so share it and spread the word of God. This is a gift from God. Salvation is a gift from God. So let us try to do things to give thanks for the sacrifices Jesus did for us, little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment