Christianity

________________________

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Race

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/weezieweezie23/blogs/race1.jpg

In scanning a Christian magazine that I once owned I remembered the article entitled “The Race of Faith and the Scenery of God's Grace” written by Mike Pohlman, Editor, Christianity.com. Here are some of the excerpts from the article:

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
1 Corinthians 9:24

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/weezieweezie23/blogs/scenery.jpg

The only thing keeping my feet moving was the scenery. As I ran through my new city of Richmond, Virginia what I lacked in energy I made up for in curiosity. What scenic treasures awaited me along my route?

I stumbled upon the historic “Canal Walk”—a partial restoration of Richmond’s historic canal system begun in 1785 and completed in 1840. Various monuments along the way tell the story. It is billed as “George Washington’s vision come to life.” Before the railroad made the canals basically obsolete in the 1880s (at which time they stretched 197 miles as far as Lynchburg), the waterways teemed with hundreds of boats carrying various goods such as tobacco and wheat along with many passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment