Christianity

________________________

Monday, June 8, 2009

Taking work seriously

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/weezieweezie23/blogs/christian-bale9.jpg

Christian magazines are always bad on Christian Bale. However, what they fail to see is Christian Bale’s dedication to his craft this is an excerpt on the things that we can learn from Christian Bale as an artist:

You enjoyed it because...?
It was uncluttered. The Machinist changed me. I learned that I really enjoy, literally, not saying a damned word for days at a time, except for what was in the scene. Whole days of…nothing. Just…standing still. I know a lot of people found it bizarre, because they’d be standing right next to me thinking, Why aren’t we talking? What’s going on? Hours would pass and I wouldn’t say a word, not even to Brad [Anderson], the director. And then it would be like, All right, I think I heard “Action.” Talk now. The purity of that, the satisfaction. Now I fall asleep on sets all the time. I’ve done it in the middle of scenes where they’ve had to shake me because I’ve missed my cues.

Really?
In Batman Begins, in the first scene I had with Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman, I fell asleep. In the scene, I was meant to be waking up, so I laid down and just fell asleep. And I didn’t hear “Action.” So Michael and Morgan were talking, and I was supposed to join in. I woke up with Michael Caine poking me in the ribs and going, [pitch-perfect Michael Caine accent] “Look at ’at! ’E’s bloody fallen asleep, ’asn’t ’e? ’E’s bloody fallen asleep!”

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/weezieweezie23/blogs/christian-bale-gq-magazine-3-212x30.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment